2017 Reads

• Close Your Eyes, Hold Hands (Book Review)

Close Your Eyes, Hold Hands by Chris Bohjalian Emily Shepard used to be a regular teenage girl. She had to deal with her parents who often drank too much, but her life was fairly average. At least, I gather it was from reading this story written in her own words. The problem is that she […]

• Second Adulthood Makeover

The Blue Satin Nightgown: My French Makeover at Age 78! by Karin Crilly I have been doing some reading about how women need to reinvent themselves in second adulthood. It’s a very interesting concept that has adults trying to figure out what to do now that they find themselves with a significant amount of time after […]

• The Smart One – Is She Though?

The Smart One by Jennifer Close The title character of this novel was labelled by her parents as “the smart one.” However, she is not feeling very smart at the moment. Her three adult children don’t quite have it together the way she had expected them to. Her oldest, has left the profession of nursing […]

• Spider-Woman – Revamped and Styling!

Spider-Woman: New Duds Jessica Drew aka Spider-Woman has quit The Avengers in order to live a normal life, something she has never really known. Her plan to just be an everyday investigator is turned upside down when Ben Ulrich helps her out of a tough spot and motivates the reluctant hero to take on a missing […]

• One More Douglas Adams’ Trip Through Space and Time

Doctor Who: Shada by Douglas Adams (novelization by Gareth Roberts) Douglas Adams never completed Doctor Who story has finally seen the light of day in a novel that does justice to the story he likely would have told. I thoroughly enjoyed the story. There were moments that were laugh out loud funny. The dry with and humour […]

• My List of 2017 Reads

Five years ago, I decided to start blogging about every book that I read over the course of the year. This is an exercise that I would encourage anyone to do. Not only does it give you a chance to share what you read with an audience, but it gives you some pretty interesting data […]

• Now Reading – Star Trek: The Next Generation

Star Trek: The Next Generation – Omnibus Later this year, Star Trek: The Next Generation will celebrate it’s 25th Anniversary. It’s hard to believe that it has been that long since this iconic sequel to Star Trek took over television and changed the shape of what was to come. That’s no small feat for a […]

• The Martian – Book vs Movie

The Martian by Andy Weir During an intense storm on Mars, the crew of Ares 3 are forced to cancel their mission and evacuate. As the astronauts battle wind and the elements, Mark Watney, is struck by debris. His suit is punctured and the life-sign readings fall flat. The escape rocket is starting to tip over and […]