2017 Reads

• The March Trilogy is Complete

March: Book Three by John Lewis, Andrew Aydin, and Nate Powell This is the final book of a trilogy series that focuses on the challenges and horrors faced by those in the Civil Rights Movement as they fought to be recognized as human beings and awarded the rights that go along with that. It is […]

• Running Can be Terrible and Wonderful

The Terrible and Wonderful Reasons Why I Run Long Distances by The Oatmeal When I saw this book, it called to me almost immediately. I love running and the title and art were quite compelling. Now, first off, I have to admit that I am not a long distance runner. I run for less than […]

• Invincible or Infamous Iron Man?

Invincible Iron Man – Vol 1: Reboot Tony Stark has new armor and it is truly remarkable. There is a stealth mode, it can change colour, and it is incredible easy to get in and out of. Unfortunately Pepper Potts is not at Stark Industries anymore and Tony doesn’t have anyone to rely on to […]

• Panels in Space

I borrowed both of these graphic novels from the public library. It’s nice to be able to explore space for free (from the safety of my living room). Captain Marvel: Volume 1 – Rise of Alpha Flight I’m not too  familiar with the character of Captain Marvel. I know of her from Civil War II […]

• The Beatles – All Our Yesterdays (Graphic Novel)

The Beatles – All Our Yesterdays by Jason Quinn and Lalit Kumar Sharma I love The Beatles. What they did for music cannot be understated. They changed the game with their style, sound, and look. Their music still permeates today fifty years after their groundbreaking album, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band. To help celebrate that […]

• Digital Daredevil

Let’s get caught up on some Daredevil reading, shall we? Daredevil / Punisher – Seventh Circle The Punisher is trying to exact his own form of justice on a criminal who is set to stand trial in Texas. Daredevil would rather let the legal system decide his fate, however. So, he tries his best to […]

• Hip-Hop Formed in Clay in an Amazing Way

What is Hip-Hop? by Eric Morse and Anny Yi This book is incredible for so many reasons. It celebrates hip-hop in a way that shows respect for the art and culture. It not only pays tribute to some of the pioneers of the art form, but it does so in a way that is quite […]

• Sonya Sahni and the First Grade

Sonya Sahni and the First Grade: Its International Day! by Soma Mandal and Tim Williams Having a foot in two different worlds can be difficult for anyone. Even more so for a kid trying to figure out how to fit in with her friends at school and please her parents at home. Sonya tries her […]

• Superhero Novels (For Eyes and Ears)

Wonder Woman: Mythos by Carol Lay A couple go scuba diving on their honeymoon in the Bermuda triangle and the man disappears. Wonder Woman investigates and finds that there is a mysterious island that mirrors the one she is from. This one is entirely populated by men and they seem to be under some form […]

• The Second Super-Hero Civil War

Civil War II In the first super-hero civil war, Iron-Man and Captain America couldn’t see eye to eye. The stakes were high and there was no way around it. A clear line was drawn and it left people on opposing sides with no other choice but to fight. Tony Stark, aka  Iron Man, was hoping […]