2018 Reads

• Justice League Stand-Alones

Aquaman – Vol. 1: The Drowning This is the start of a new era for Aquaman. He wants to work closely with the people of Earth and hopes that a new embassy will help him achieve peace between the land and the sea. Of course, there are those on both sides that don’t want to […]

• The Third Doctor Returns

Doctor Who – Heralds of Destruction The Third Doctor is no longer exiled on Earth. The TARDIS works and he is ready to go on an adventure, but before he can, a strange spaceship crashes and begins what looks to be a full-scale invasion. Fortunately for the Doctor, his previous incarnation shows up  to help […]

• Life Goals of a Twelve-Year-Old

The Life List by Lori Nelson Spielman Did you ever make a list of life goals when you were young? Have you ever revisited it? That, in essence, is the plot of this novel by Lori Nelson Spielman. It revolves around a thirty-something woman who wrote a list when she was twelve years old. She […]

• Rap Music Needs More Anthologies

The Anthology of Rap by Adam Bradley and Andrew Dubois (editors) Rap is poetry. The way emcees put together words and deliver them can be magical. This book tries to highlight that be stripping everything else away except for the words on a page. The editors let the words speak for themselves as well. There […]

• Not Your Usual Time Travel Romp

All Our Wrong Todays by Elan Mastai We didn’t get the future we were supposed to have. Remember when we all thought that by the 2000s we would have flying cars and robot maids? Well, that actually did happen. It was thanks to a renewable and clean source of energy that was created in 1965. […]

• Iron Fist Finds Himself

Iron Fist – The Trial of the Seven Masters This is the first Iron Fist comic that I have ever read. It’s not the first time I’ve come across the character, however. I have read stories that featured him in several different titles, but I never really got into the character. I enjoyed the Netflix […]

• Canada Under Siege

We Stand On Guard by Brian K. Vaughan, Steve Skroce, Matt Hollingsworth, and Fonografiks In the year 2112, a war erupts between the United States of America and Canada. This graphic novels tells the story of a small band of freedom fighters doing their best to stop the invasion and “stand on guard for their […]

• My List of 2018 Reads

I like to keep track of what I read and I think this is a great platform to do that. I blog about every single book I read, keep track of the number of books and the genre, and put them all together in a annual reading log that I update frequently. This is the […]

• Always Start With Why

Start With Why by Simon Sinek Remember when Oprah gave away a car to everyone in the audience of her talk show? Do you remember what car she gave away? Or even what brand of car it was? My guess is that you do not. According to Simon Sinek, this is because this giveaway didn’t […]

• Hip-Hop DJs Advancing Technology

Hip Hop DJs and the Evolution of Technology: Cultural Exchange, Innovation, and Democratization by Andre Sirois This was a fascinating read about the importance of hip-hop DJs in advancing and developing technology. Sirois aka DJ food stamp has done his research and it shows on every single page. Here are some of the things I […]