2018 Reads

• Supeman Earth One TPB

Another Superman Origin Story

Superman – Earth One: Volume One I know, we don’t really need another retelling on Superman’s origin story. But the Earth One line from DC shakes things up. It feels like superheroes could really be a reality in our every day lives right now. There’s an immediacy to this series that is intriguing. I was […]

• Walking Dead Vol 28

An Unlikely Walking Dead Team-Up

Walking Dead: Volume 28 – A Certain Doom I quit The Walked Dead a few years ago. I got tired of the constant misery portrayed on the televisions series. I was especially aggrieved at the on-screen violence when it came to the murder of Glen. We knew he died in the show even though we […]

• Green Lantern Comic Review

The Green Lantern Team

Green Lantern Corps – Edge of Oblivion The Green Lantern Corps find themselves alone in a dying universe. They need to find a way out of it and back to their own universe before its too late. However, the universe isn’t as empty as it seems. There is a single planet left and it is […]

• This I Know book

Marketing Lessons I Know

This I Know: Marketing Lessons from Under the Influence by Terry O’Reilly Terry O’Reilly is the man behind the amazing radio show, Under the Influence. Every week, he explores the world of marketing and provides the listener with “a rare backstage pass into the hallways, boardrooms and recording studios of the ad industry” The show […]

• Star Trek Comic Review

Star Trek – Boldly Does Comics

Star Trek – Boldly Go: Volume 1 This graphic novel starts out where the last Star Trek movie left off. With the Enterprise destroyed in the events of Star Trek Beyond, the members of her crew are spread out throughout the galaxy. Captain Kirk is in temporary command of the Endeavour; Sulu is serving as […]

• How to Survive as a Musician in Today’s Market

Music 4.1: A Survival Guide for Making Music in the Internet Age by Bobby Owsinski The music industry has changed dramatically over the years and continues to do so. A musician needs to understand a lot more than simply how to make music and perform well to survive in this day and age. That is […]

• You Reached Me (with two books)

When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead This book really surprised me. I wasn’t expecting the story to go where it actually ended up. It was a pleasant surprise that had me saying, “What!?!?” out loud as I started to figure everything out. The story revolves around a girl in Grade 6 who starts to […]

• Raina Telgemeier Books

Best Selling Author Right Now . . . Does Kids Comics?

I am working towards a Masters degree in Library and Information Science and in one of my classes this term, I came across the name of Raina Telgemeier. I was intrigued to find out that she is one of the biggest selling authors right now . . . and that she does comics . . […]

• Bud Not Buddy Review

Respect the name, Buddy!

I read these two books as part of the class I took on children’s literature for the Masters Degree I have been pursuing in Library and Information Science. Bud Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis Bud Not Buddy, is an amazing piece of work that I highly recommend checking it out. The audio book is […]

• Ms. Marvel Graphic Novels

This Generation Needs Ms Marvel

I finally got back to reading Ms. Marvel. I really enjoy this series. It’s nice to see a teenage girl who struggles with her faith, school, family, and friends while keeping a superhero identity secret and fighting the good fight, as it were. Here are the details on my latest binge read. Vol 4 – […]