2013 reads

• School Struggles – An Interview with Dr. Selznick

Chase: “All right everybody, this is Chase March. I have Dr. Richard Selznick on the phone right now, author of School Struggles: A Guide to Your Shut-Down Learner’s Success. It’s quite the read. I underlined passages and took all sorts of notes as I read it. As a teacher, I think it is important for […]

• Graphic Novel Bliss

The Amazing Spider-man: The Fantastic Spider-man There are two stories in this graphic novel collection of the monthly Spider-man comic. I really enjoyed the second story that had Spider-man filling in as a substitute teacher at the Avengers Academy. It was a touching story with a lot of humour and heroism. Just what I expect in a […]

• Sometimes, A Book Calls to Me

I bought a book recently that I was planning on reading after I’d finished working my way through this graphic novel. It’s Gareth Malone’s Choir and I was excited to learn more about what went into the television series “The Choir” But I didn’t want to start this book until I finished this one that […]

• Star Trek: Always Chasing the Past

Star Trek is a great franchise. It’s what originally got me started in collecting comics. I needed more Star Trek stories of the original crew. I guess we all do. Star Trek: Countdown This graphic novels serves as a prequel to the reboot of the movie franchise. There were a lot of things wrong with […]