2019 Reads

• How to Enable Fair Play in the Running of a Household

Fair Play: A Game-Changing Solution for When You Have Too Much to Do (and even more Life to Live) by Eve Rodsky Running a household can be an exhausting challenge for families. Much of the work that goes into it can be categorized as “invisible work . . . because it may be unseen and unrecognized […]

• Reclaiming Conversation Book Review

The Rule of Three

Do kids really do this? “When college students go to dinner, they want the company of their friends in the dining hall and their phone. They also want the freedom to go on their phones. To have both at the same time, they observe what some call the ‘rule of three’: When you are with […]

• Your Art Needs Your Time

“When people are having an affair, they don’t mind losing sleep, or missing meals. They will make whatever sacrifices they have to make, and they will blast through any obstacles, in order to be alone with the object of their devotion and obsession – because it matters to them. Let yourself fall in love with […]

• Start Living a More Courageous Life Today

There are several types of courage; physical, moral, psychological, and everyday courage. It is important for us “to start living a more courageous life now” in all of those areas because “the more actions we take facing fear, expressing ourselves, and helping others, the easier and less stressful these actions become.” That’s because, “The more we […]

• Dart Adams Drops Knowledge in The Book of Dart

Dart Adams is one of my favourite hip-hop journalists. Perhaps you’ve read some of his work on Poisonous Paragraphs, Bastard Swordsman, or Bloggerhouse. In the spirit of underground hip-hop. he has been dropping knowledge independently for years. He knows his stuff and is passionate about the culture. His work is meticulously researched and detailed. That is […]

• The Ninth Doctor Still Travels with Rose

Doctor Who – Weapons of Past Destruction I read this book a few years back when I found it at the public library and I was really impressed. It reminded me of why I used to love seeing Chris Eccleston in the role of the title character. The artwork was amazing and Cavan Scott penned […]

• Forget Samples, Be Novel

An Age Without Samples: Originality and Creativity in the Digital World by Ikutaro Kakehashi Ikutaro Kakehashi is the founder of Roland and he has a unique perspective on music, business, and innovation. He writes . . . “I believe we should re-examine how we manufacture musical instruments by reflecting on the intrinsic nature of music. […]

• Star Trek: TNG Season 3+ (Maybe)

Star Trek: The Next Generation – Terra Incognita I love to browse the graphic novel section every time I visit the library. I’m usually able to find a book or two that interests me. This one did just that. It seemed like it was a good time to get back into the world of Star […]

• Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Bridge Film, TV, and Comics

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Volume 1 – The Coulson Protocols Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is a unique television show that deals with story lines and issues from the cinematic universe. I have really enjoyed the show over the past six years. Unfortunately, next year the series will be coming to an end. Phil Coulson was a […]

• The Fifth Beatle – Brain Epstein’s Story

The Fifth Beatle: The Brian Epstein Story is an award-winning graphic novel from the creative team of Vivek J. Tiwart, Andrew C. Robinson, and Kyle Baker. I love The Beatles but wasn’t really aware of how much their manager did for them. It’s nice to get a behind-the-scenes telling of his story. It’s also cool […]