2014 reads

• A Quality of Light – A Great Read

A Quality of Light by Richard Wagamese I really enjoyed this book. It tells the story of a First Nations boy, Joshua, who was adopted by a white family. He lives on a farm, completely isolated from his cultural roots. When his friend, Johnny, starts to tell him of his warrior heritage, he doesn’t quite […]

• Jericho – Season 3

Jericho: Season 3 – Civil War Jericho kept me on the edge of my seat for two seasons. I don’t know how they did it but they managed to continually ramp up the tension every single episode. The writing was brilliant and it was superbly acted. It is one the best television series I have ever […]

• Transmedia Storytelling

Transmedia 2.0 – How to Create an Entertainment Brand using a Transmedial Approach to Storytelling by Nuno Bernardo I am interested in seeing just where all of this new media will take us in the future. Right now, it seems like a lot of it is just distraction. We waste time scrolling through images on […]

• Six Pixels of Separation: Everyone is Connected

Six Pixels of Separation: Everyone is Connected. Connect Your Business to Everyone by Mitch Joel In this day and age we are all connected via the power of modern communication devices. Everyone I know has access to the Internet, whether at home, on a mobile phone, or at the public library. And with the proliferation […]

• The Tenth Doctor Lives On

Doctor Who – Tesseract I love the fact that the Tenth Doctor lives on in graphic novels. I was fortunate enough to find this book in a discount bin. I didn’t matter that I hadn’t read Volume One, this book was still a great read. Doctor Who: The Forgotten This is the first graphic novel […]

• Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy Part 6 (of 3)

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy: Part Six of Three – And Another Thing by Eoin Colfer I was really surprised to see this book at the public library a few weeks back. I’d always counted myself as a fan of this series. I’ve read the first book, devoured the BBC television series, and even […]

• The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green I’ve wanted to read this book for quite a long time. I’d heard about the author from a few of my blogging buddies who simple rave about his work. Yet, I’d never gotten around to reading anything from him prior to now. I was finally motivated to […]

• Get It Done – It Only Takes 15 Minutes. Seriously!

Get It Done: From Procrastination to Creative Genius in 15 Minutes a Day by Sam Bennett We always complain that there are never enough hours in the day. The good news, is that you don’t need an hour to do something important. You can break it down into 15 minute chunks. These small moments can […]

• The Wild Mystique of The Writing Process

Writing Wild: Forming a Creative Partnership with Nature by Tina Welling This is one of my favourite quotes from this book . . . “Few of us have role models in our lives for writing, so naturally, few of us are completely convinced that we should spend time and energy doing it.” We are never […]

• Students often say, “What’s the Point of All This?”

Right-Brained Children in a Left-Brained World: Unlocking the Potential of Your ADD Child by Jeffrey Freed and Laurie Parsons. It’s tough being a teacher these days. I see so many students who don’t seem to care about anything. I have no idea how to reach some of them. The past two years have been tough. […]