2014 reads

• Ender’s Game Concludes with Children of the Mind

Children of the Mind by Orson Scott Card It’s taken me a while but I have finally read the original Ender’s Game series. The first novel is a science fiction classic that I stumbled upon seven years ago. I was completely blown away by the tale and it became one of my all-time favourite books. […]

• This is an Avenger’s World. It is Protected!

Avengers: Volume 1 – Avengers World Trouble is brewing and it seems like the only hope for earth is The Avengers. Captain America and Iron-Man realize that the team, as it is, won’t be enough. So they start recruiting to make the team even bigger and more powerful. Avengers: Volume 2 – The Last White […]

• Is the new Spider-Man truly Superior?

The Superior Spider-Man Volume 1 In the final issue of The Amazing Spider-Man, Doctor Octopus cheats death by body-swapping with Peter Parker. It looks like all is lost but Peter manages to get inside of Doc Ock’s brain and convinces him to continue on as a super-hero instead of a villain. In this first graphic […]

• Bullseye: Greatest Hits

Bullseye: Greatest Hits This is a one-off story that attempts to tell the origin of one of the most dangerous villains in comics. This graphic novel collects the entire run of the five issues mini-series. First off, the title is a bit of a misnomer. This wasn’t a greatest hits compilation. It didn’t retell any […]

• The Hulk is Indestructible

Indestructible Hulk: Volume 1 – Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Bruce Banner has been fighting the monster within ever since the Gamma Bomb turned him into the Incredible Hulk. The meek scientist has been looking for a cure for years. He hates the damage that The Hulk causes every single time he is unleashed. Banner realizes that […]

• Earth Afire – Ender’s Game Prequel

Earth Afire by Orson Scott Card and Aaron Johnston I had no idea that this book was part of a trilogy when I started reading it. I just thought it was a one-off prequel to Ender’s Game. I enjoyed the read but it seemed like it took a long time to get to the actual story […]

• The New Spider-Man, Miles Morales

I’d been wanting to read this title for some time now. I finally got around to it, thanks to the Marvel Unlimited Comics App on my iPhone. They had a one month special subscription price as a special comic-con deal that I just had to take them up on. I read all of the graphic […]

• Amazing Spider-Man: Dying Wish

The Amazing Spider-Man: Dying Wish by Dan Slott, Humberto Ramos, and Richard Elson Spider-Man swung into our lives in 1963 and immediately became an iconic hero. But all good stories must come to an end. This graphic novel tells the story of the final days of Peter Parker. It collects issues 698-700 of The Amazing […]

• Transformers: In the End there is Chaos

Transformers: Volume 4 – Heart of Darkness Galvatron in back and it looks like the on-going series has taken steps towards the second generation. I much admit that I have always preferred Generation One Transformers and I missed having Optimus Prime and Megatron in this issue. I didn’t have to worry though, the Generation One […]

• Hidden Empire

Hidden Empire by Orson Scott Card I read the first book of this series, Empire, a few years back. I didn’t even realize that there was more to it. I found this hardcover book at the dollar store and couldn’t believe it. Orson Scott Card is one of my favourite authors. I just had to […]