2014 reads

• Tomorrow Comes

Tomorrow Comes by Donna Mebane In the afterward to this novel, Donna Mebane writes, I’m not a theologian or a psychologist or a philosopher. I’m not even a writer. I’m just a mom who loves my kids and assumed, like every mom does, that they’d be a part of my life for all my life. […]

• A Interactive and Tangled Commonplace Book

Daily Zen Doodles: 365 Tangle Creations for Inspiration, Relaxation, and Mindfulness by Meera Lee Patel This is a commonplace book with a twist. Or maybe it’s a sketch book with quotations. Or it could be a individualized puzzle for you to complete every single day for a year. Whatever it is, it is pretty cool! […]

• How to Use a Reward System in the Classroom

I have never been a fan of using rewards systems in the classroom. I’ve tried them out but have found that they are just simply too much work. It’s difficult to keep tabs on every student in the class and assign points effectively. This year, I changed my stance a little. I started a reward system […]

• The Walking Dead – At War Again

The Walking Dead: Volume 18 – What Comes Next Rick had high hopes that society was starting to rebuild in a way that could actually work. But Negan is not a fair or kind ruler. We already knew that from the past volume, but things get even more intense and unbearable this issue. The Walking […]

• Marvel Knights – Dark Reign – Shadowland

Marvel Knights # 1 – 15 (2000) I am counting this one as a graphic novel when it comes to my reading log even though it was never collected as such. In fact, much like this title, these heroes were probably not meant to come together either. They certainly aren’t the X-men, Avengers, or Justice […]

• The Car Thief

The Car Thief by Theodore Weesner Publishers offer to send me books every single week since I have this great platform in which to share them with you. This story sounded like it would be right up my alley. I love literary fiction and I like classics. This one seemed like it combined both of […]

• Spider-Woman: Origin

Spider-Woman: Origin I came into this story knowing nothing about this character. I had heard her name before and even seen her in some of The Avenger books I have read, but I didn’t have a grasp on who she was prior to picking up this book. Brian Michael Bendis is one of my all-time […]

• How Successful Teachers Lead

How Successful People Lead by John C. Maxwell Teachers are a special kind of leader. We have to lead a classroom full of students who have very diverse needs and attitudes. I thought reading this book might help me develop further as a leader in education. While it wasn’t written with teachers in mind, I […]

• Daredevil – One Shots

This one-off story was originally published in Italy and has never been presented to North American audiences until now. The villain in this one is Death Stalker, who first appeared in Frank Miller’s legendary run on the Daredevil title. The story was translated into English for this edition but it seems to work just fine. […]

• Superior Spider-Man Teams Up with Villains and Heroes

Superior Spider-Man Team Up: Volume 1 – Versus No one in the Marvel Universe realizes that Doc Ock has taken over Peter Parker’s life. Not even when he battles them all. There are some pretty good fights here and an interesting way to kick off the new on-going team-up series. It looks like, perhaps, Doc […]