I’ve been taking part in Script Frenzy this month. The challenge is to write a 100 page screenplay in the 30 days we have in April.
My second week was pretty much a bust. I just couldn’t seem to find the time to write. Work and other obligations got in the way. Thankfully, I was able to make up some ground this past week.
Here are the messages I posted on Twitter about the third week of this challenge.
I’m gonna write today. It’s week 3 of Script Frenzy. Week 2 was a bust. I need to be productive this week or I’m not going to get it done.
Well, that fills you in on my creative process this week.
I thought that I might have actually been able to complete the one-hundred pages this weekend but I hit a little snag.
I went to the Script Frenzy website and tried to validate my page count. In order to do this, the file had to be saved as a PDF document. I had been writing the screenplay using a free program called Celtx and had been relying on the page numbering function. According to that program, I had written 69 pages but when I converted the file to PDF, my page count shrunk to 58 pages.
I was now further away from the goal of 100 pages than I had thought. I’m glad that I had tried to validate my page count before I thought I was done. It felt like I was going to have to rush the story to finish it in time any way. Now I know that I have enough pages left to tell it properly.
I did a fair amount of writing this weekend and caught back up. I am now at a validated 69 pages and have another 31 to write in this last week of the challenge.
I have a good block of time in which I will be able to write tomorrow so I will get this done. Have no fear. And thanks for the support!
Go to the post Script Frenzy: Mission Completed.