You can learn a lot from a comic book. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again.
Of course, I never really expected to find inspiration for this week’s Teaching Tip.
But I did just that with the graphic novel “Page by Paige” by Laura Lee Gulledge.
The game is called “Drawing Telephone” or “Visual Telephone” and it works like this,
- Divide your class into groups of four or five players.
- Give each group one sheet of paper and a pencil.
- The first person in each group writes a sentence on the paper. It can be any sentence at all.
- The next person reads the sentence, folds it back, and in the next section illustrates it.
- The paper is then passed to the next student.
- The student looks at the drawing, folds it back, and writes the sentence of what they think it is.
- The paper continues to be passed along and this until each player has had a turn.
More Learning From (and by) Comics