I found this on Tumblr and was really inspired.
I would love to build a lesson around it.
- Have the students write their own 5 Word Sentences
- Have each student share one of the sentences.
- Challenge students to create a 5 Sentence Paragraph using only 5 Word Sentences.
- Have a sharing session.
- Discuss the pros and cons of using only 5 words.
- Share the above images and discuss the importance of varying sentence length.
Isn’t that a great idea?
There’s tons more every Tuesday right here on Silent Cacophony.
Visit the Teaching Tip Tuesday Archive for tons of great tips, tricks, and lessons.
Teaching Tip Tuesday will be taking a short hiatus for the summer break. This weekly feature will start back up again in late August. Enjoy your summer and don’t work too hard. Even though I know you probably will. I know I am already thinking about the new school year.
New Posting Schedule
For the summer. new posts will drop every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Happy Summer Everyone!