Here is my second mixtape of the month as part of the Social Playlist Challenge.
This week’s theme was “Never Give Up on the Good Times” and we were asked to play songs from our childhood.
Of course, I had to start off with some old-school hip-hop. That was a given. The mix then moves on to some pop music and includes a song from Back to the Future, my favourite movie as a child.
Tiffany was my first celebrity crush and I absolutely love her. I think she has a very sexy voice and I still listen to her music.
The title of this challenge led me to play the Rick Astley song. I had both of his cassette tapes back in the day.
My mom was always listening to country music in the house. As such, I had to include some of my favourites in this mix. I wanted to include the Statler Brothers, Oak Ridge Boys, and Conway Twitty, but I couldn’t fit them all in. I decided to go with The Judds and George Jones.
The George Jones song really captures how I feel about music. A great song is a great song and I love these tunes, and will continue to, until the day I die.
I had to close off the mix with my favourite song from my favourite group of all time, Run-DMC.
Hope you enjoy the tunes.
01. Most Wanted – Good Old Days
02. Das Efx – They Want Efx
03. The Goats – Do The Digs Dug?
04. A Tribe Called Quest – Can I Kick It?
05. Huey Lewis & The News – Power of Love
06. Eddy Grant – Electric Avenue
07. Beastie Boys – B-Boy Bouillabaisse
08. Pharcyde – Passing Me By
09. Tiffany – I Think We’re Alone Now
10. Rick Astley – Never Gonna Give You Up
11. Culture Club – Karma Chameleon
12. Cutting Crew – I Just Died in Your Arms Tonight
13.The Judds – Grandpa
14. George Jones – He Stopped Loving Her Today
15. Run-DMC – It’s Tricky
Stream it with the player below
If you cannot see the audio controls, listen/download the audio file here