I am teaching a Communications Technology class this term and I wanted to have the students create an online portfolio of their work. To that end, I had them design simple websites using the Blogger platform. This way, they can see the basic design elements needed for fully functioning websites. It also gives me, as a teacher, one central place to look for and assess individual work.
The students will be given a culminating assignment this term that will have them planning, designing, and producing a multi-media project. I am hoping that the skills I have been teaching so far will serve them well in that task.
Music Video Assignment
For this assignment you will post a music video to your blog, include the song lyrics, and a brief introduction to the song and a conclusion.
• Give the post a creative title
(i.e. for Buffalo Tom’s “Summer” it could be “Summer’s Gone – It Goes By Way Too Quick”)
• Give an introduction to the music video
You can talk about why you like the song, artist, images, or story presented in the video.
3. Embed the music video into the blog post
• Copy the embed code from YouTube
• Click on “Share” and then you can click on embed
4. The lyrics
It is easy to find song lyrics online. If you can’t find them, you can type them out yourself.
Sight unseen, sadder seas
Summer song sung all along
Dragged across the seven seas
To the beach come follow me
Summer’s gone a summer song
You’ve wasted every day, every day
• Try to say something about the time, atmosphere, culture, or other context of the video? Does it express an identity? What is your assessment of the video? How does this combination of music, lyrics and images work? Do you think the video appeals to its target audience? Does the video draw attention towards the artist or group? If so, what image of them does it project? How did you feel after experiencing this video?
Find more tips, resources, and lessons from the Teaching Tip Archive