There are a lot of things I want to accomplish this year.
I want to . . .
- be more creative
- DJ all sorts of events (weddings, rap concerts, dances, etc)
- get my fiction published
- produce quality radio
- build a life with the woman I love
- find a way to support myself financially
- find a job that not only pays the bills but makes me happy
- sharpen my DJ skills
- make a few mixtapes to highlight my DJ skills
- run more than 300 kilometers
- write a new work of fiction
- write a non-fiction book (I have two great ideas for this too)
- keep this blog regularly updated
- read for enjoyment, self-improvement, and personal education
That is quite the extensive list of things I’d like to accomplish in one year.
I can resolve to do all of these right now, but what good would that do? I’ve tried to get a few of these things done for years now and haven’t been successful.
The good news is that overall, I’ve had a lot of success since starting this blog. I’ve done things I hadn’t initially set out to do and they have been amazing.
So I am not setting any resolutions this year. Instead, I will look at this list of goals at the start of every month. I will break down each point in detail and set out a monthly goal for myself. I will share that goal with my girlfriend and a few close friends. I might even blog about the process. I will write down my monthly goal and track it.
This way, I hope to have a very productive 2016. I hope you will too!